Innovating for Improved STEM Student Success and Degree Completion
Assessments for Improved First Year Outcomes
- Application of the Veenstra STEM Student Retention Model to the assessment of first-year STEM student retention issues, especially for low-income students in engineering/technology. The assessments enable improved strategic planning for student success.
- High school and college assessments to support and improve STEM student learning outcomes and retention in the STEM fields.
- Math course assessment for improved student performance.
Consulting for Improved STEM Student Retention Results
- Research-based strategic planning for improved STEM degree completion rates
- Student retention consulting for under-represented groups including women in engineering and economically disadvantaged students in STEM
- Traditional Lean Six Sigma to streamline university operational and academic areas for improved student success and educational experiences
- Baldrige Education Criteria consulting on college-level systems-thinking for improved student success effectiveness
Consulting with Industry
- Consulting and best practices on successful industry-education partnerships for internship/co-op programs and transition to the workforce. Focus on student learning and improved confidence in STEM/engineering careers.
- Consulting on programs that mentor women in STEM careers.
- Consulting on the use of Lean Six Sigma and Baldrige Framework/Continuous Improvement thinking to improve the STEM workforce pipeline in partnerships between industry and education.