Making a Difference: K-12 STEM Outreach Resources & Programs
In inspiring the next generation of scientists, engineers and technologists, we need K-12 outreach programs that support schools in providing the STEM know-how, excitement, energy and financial support for mentoring students about possible STEM careers. We also need programs that work with teachers and schools to bring more engineering concepts into our education process.
Here are some K-12 STEM outreach resources and programs.
K-12 STEM Outreach Resources
American Society for Engineering Education
Engineering Go For It - Dream Up the Future, an Interactive website for K-12 students
American Society for Quality
- Advancing the STEM Agenda: Quality Improvement Supports STEM (book)
- Real World of Engineering Webinar , three engineers describe their experiences (2009).
- ASQ Advancing the STEM Agenda Linkedin Group
National Academy of Engineering and NSF
- Engineer Your Life A Guide to Engineering for High School Girls:
- How are you Changing the Conversation? For Engineers
- Teach Engineering K12 Lesson Plans - For Teachers
National Engineers' Week Foundation
- STEMConnector Resources - Daily newsletter, Town Hall webinars and other resources on STEM Education
K-12 STEM Outreach Programs
- Electathon America
- FIRST Robotics and LEGO Competitions
- Math Olympiad
- Odyssey of the Mind--Creative thinking competition, includes a bridge and vehicle problem
- Project Lead The Way
- SAE A World in Motion
- Science Olympiad